Today I am back at work – back to the real world – and I miss my safe little hideaway at home where there was little stress and I didn’t have to drive hours to get where I wanted to go. Where I didn’t have to listen to people I don’t like speak about things I don’t care about because their not important. Office politics are like schoolyard games. No one missed me. And vice-versa.
My priorities are changing as my taste buds adapt to my new foods and I want more out of life just like I want more out of my food. I want to add good things (Protein) to make my life stronger. I want to remove the bad things (processed foods) to make life better for me and my family.
What Made Me Fat?
A very important question for all us so we don’t go back the way we were….
* CARBS – could never get enough of them which is why I have a fatty liver
* Poor eating habits (all day survival on anything with caffeine in it, come home and eat for four then crash…repeat daily)
* My family = food is love….I love to cook, I love to eat and I love to make my family happy
* Poor parents = find food, get whatever no one wants from the cabinet or whatever the state will give you once a month, clean your plate, no waste (after 21 it was all me though)
* I did love to go to Jazzercise another lifetime ago but besides that, I don’t like to sweat
They say this is an emotional time for us, the first few months after being sleeved, and they are so right.